White color in children’s room – interior design ideas
White children’s room – the win-win solution possible. Because with the help of white color, it is possible to solve the most difficult tasks: to design the interior for growth, to build a shared bedroom for two children of different age, visually enlarge a small room.
In this article you will find 8 tips for a bright nursery, and 30 photos of examples of the use of white in interiors of bedroom boys and girls, Teens and newborns.
General characteristics white color
- What colors goes well: with all the colors.
- Features of interaction with space, reflects light, makes it easier pieces of furniture visually expands the space, balances the bright colors and makes them positive (e.g., red next to white does not seem as aggressive, and black is not so dark).
- The most suitable rooms: small or narrow, and the rooms lack natural light.
- Psychological effects: creates a feeling of cleanliness, freshness.
- The most suitable styles: classic and Scandinavian.
8 tips for application
Tip 1. Choose a shade of white for the walls based on the room orientation
If you decided to paint the nursery walls in white, then you must be ready to choose the right shade is not so simple. Because there are a lot of — from milk to alabaster. How to select the appropriate tone? In this question it is necessary to consider the orientation of the room to the cardinal. If its Windows face North or if it’s just a little light, the shade of white paint for the walls should be warm, for example, color of baked milk, ivory, cream, pearl, etc. If the children’s bedroom is facing South or South-West, the white color, you can choose neutral and even cold with a bluish undertone.
- And yet, warm shades of white are more versatile and comfortable than pure white. They do not look so sterile and not blinding.
Below are photo examples of how white walls in the interior rooms of newborn babies.
Sure to choose wall colors, you can use “trying” to paint. You need to buy samples of the vending shades to paint their A4 sheets and hang wykresy on any wall (better queue, that is, one wykresu a day). Then you will need to observe how it will change shade depending on lighting and time of day. This technique will help you to choose the right shade of white that will not go away in dullness, excessive yellow or blue.
Tip 2. To avoid the feeling of sterility, add large colored accents
To the children’s room in white tones didn’t seem like a hospital ward, add to the interior of large colored accents. What could it be? Here are some of the ideas we offer:
- Making one wall or niche of any kind the floral Wallpaper or the Wallpaper in this black and white bedroom interior girls.
- Design one or two walls, ledges or niches in a different color, for example pink, lilac, green, blue, orange, or even neutral gray.
- Design one wall stickers.
- Trim the lower third of the walls with Wallpaper as shown in the following photo examples.
- Finish one of the walls chalk Wallpaper or slate paint.
- Painting one or two walls, patterns, stripes, zigzag Chevron, fairy stories, etc.
- Bright carpet on the floor, for example, pink in this bedroom interior girls.
- Colored suspended ceiling or ceiling ceiling Wallpaper.
- Bright curtains on the Windows.
- The colored canopy, for example, green as in the photo below.
- Colored piece of furniture, such as wardrobe, bed, shelf or bedside table.
Tip 3. Light finishing materials must be very practical
The white surface should look neat and easy to carry for frequent wet or dry cleaning. Therefore, in the white nursery, the ceiling is more practical not to whitewash and paint, and decorate the matte stretch fabric. Then in the future you will not disturb the cracks, and to clean a suspended ceiling is much easier. As for the walls, it is worth to give preference to painting, and not in whatsoever the Wallpaper (including vinyl). Of course, painting the walls is somewhat more complicated, because they will first have to level up and train. But in the future the painted wall will give you less hassle in cleaning, longer retain their neat appearance and, in the case of damage, you can simply and quickly re-repaint.
Tip 4. White walls love wall decor
The easiest way to decorate the interior of a white nursery with wall decor. It, first, can be a lot and secondly, it can be very diverse and heterogeneous. Even frame and baguettes you can and should pick different colors and shapes.
Here is a list of ideas of decoration which suitable for the decoration of the walls white child:
- Home-made panels made of paper, fabric, natural materials.
- Wall Board organizer.
- Decorative animal heads.
- The interior of the letters with or without backlight.
- Paper garlands or POM-poms.
And here are photo examples of decor of white walls in the rooms of boys and girls.
Tip 5. The interior will seem more interesting if the set of white furniture to dilute wood, wicker or coloured furniture
White furniture has many advantages: it is easiest to find in stores, it is very versatile and visually seems easier than it really is.
- Moreover, even the most heterogeneous set of children’s furniture in white color begins to seem unified.
Unifying — a very useful property of white color, but the uniformity of the furniture a little better to break. It is enough to pick up one or two pieces of furniture in a different color/material. For example, it can be rattan chair, painted in bright colors nightstand table, sofa in soft upholstery, black metal bed or wood dresser.
Tip 6. Want to create a truly original design of the nursery? Paint the walls white and decorate the room with colored furniture
If you are ready for bold decisions, you can apply the following technique to paint the walls white and the furniture is, say, two or three objects to pick up color. However, the need to look for color furniture ready-made in stores. Because something can be painted with your own hands, and that, for example, the head of the bed or a chair to upholster coloured fabric. The following selection of photo you can get some ideas on how to combine the bright colored children’s furniture.
- In a small or narrow room of large furniture (e.g., a set or wardrobe) still worth buying in white color, then it won’t clutter the space.
Tip 7. Discard the abundance of glossy surfaces
Another property of white color, which you need to keep in mind when planning a child’s room design is the ability to reflect light. Excessive white can be tiring and dazzle the eyes of the child, as, for example, the view of the snowy expanses. We therefore recommend to abandon the large glossy and shiny surfaces, for example, from a glossy stretch ceiling, Wallpaper with a bright pattern or the facades of the Cabinet, under the white enamel.
Tip 8. To arrange the nursery room for growth, the basis of the interior will issue in the white, and the decor pick color
The basis of the interior walls, ceiling and furniture. Having them in bright colours, in the future you can easily change the setting of the room the grown child’s age, changing only the curtains, bed linen, carpet, chandelier and other decorations. In the following series of photos shows examples of design for children, which if necessary can change without repair.